This post may contain referral links. Read my disclosure policy.
This simple Apple Cranberry Tart is quick and easy and can be made at a moment’s notice. Served with a scoop of ice cream or whip cream it makes for a yummy dessert.
- 1 Refrigerated Ready-to-Bake Pie Crust (from a 15-oz box of 2)
- 3 Medium Granny Smith Apples, peeled
- 1/2 cup Canned Whole-Berry Cranberry Sauce
- 1/4 cup Sugar mixed with 1/4 tsp each of Cinnamon and Nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, cut in small pieces
- Decoration: confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Unroll pie crust directly on baking sheet. With rolling pin, roll dough to a 12-in. round. Edges can be uneven.
- Cut each apple in half. Remove core; turn halves cut sides down and slice thin.
- Leaving a 2-in. border, arrange apples in a circle, slightly overlapping. Pile remaining apples in center. Dot with cranberry sauce in 7 or 8 places. Sprinkle apples with sugar-spice mixture; dot with butter. Fold pastry border over apples.
- Bake 15 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 375°F and bake 15 minutes longer or until apples are tender and pastry is golden. Cool completely on sheet on a wire rack or slide off sheet onto serving plate. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
Reciepe adapted from Woman’s Day