This post may contain referral links. Read my disclosure policy.
FUN ‘LESSONS’ AWAIT HOME SCHOOLERS NOVEMBER 10-14, 2013 AT WILDERNESS AT THE SMOKIES WATERPARK RESORT
Fun and unique educational and historical lessons await home school students at Wilderness at the Smokies resort in Sevierville, Tenn. November 10-14.
The resort is offering some of its lowest rates of the year so that home school families can take advantage of special educational lessons. Learn some great information that may not be found elsewhere and have a great family experience together during your overnight stay.
The Titanic Museum also is teaming up with Wilderness at the Smokies for this opportunity for home schoolers, offering educational lessons at the resort as well as special rates for the entire home school family during the special event days.
Home school families can book their rooms now for any night between Sunday, November 10 and Thursday, November 14 to take advantage of the special rates being offered. After their reservations are made, they can indicate which of the following “lessons” they are interested in learning more about:
- What Everyone Should Know about Being Safe and Having Fun in the Water: Wilderness at the Smokies experts will demonstrate water safety inside the resort’s indoor waterpark and share important information about staying safe in any body of water. This “hands on” water safety lesson will be both fun and informative for the students participating.
- Best History Lesson Ever – 10 Life Lessons from the Titanic: Crew members from this spectacular museum will be on hand at Wilderness at the Smokies to share the incredible story of the Titanic’s fateful voyage over 100 years ago and the lessons to be learned from what happened.
All educational lessons during Home School Days will be held in the mornings so that families can enjoy the Wilderness resort and the Smoky Mountain area in the afternoons.
Families will also learn about special home school rates for the entire family being offered by the Titanic Museum for November 10-14 when they make their reservations to stay at Wilderness at the Smokies. (See additional information about Titanic tickets below).
Reservations for Home School Days at Wilderness at the Smokies can be made now by visiting www.wildernessatthesmokies.com/home-school-days or calling 877-325-WILD (9453). Space will fill up fast and reservations for room nights and educational lessons will be made on a first-come, first-serve basis. To participate in the Home School Days educational lessons on water safety and the Titanic history lesson, home school families must be staying at the Wilderness resort.
The following are the special Home School Days rates for the Titanic Museum:
- Home School Students – $12.50 per student; tax and audio player included
- 1 Adult accompanying Home School Students – $13.50 (1 adult); tax and audio player included
- 1 Adult per Homeschooling Family will receive a rate of $13.50; tax and audio player included
- Additional Adults will receive the Advanced Reservation rate
Description of the Titanic Audio Tour: This pre-recorded journey through the museum attraction is led by the Titanic’s beloved First Class Maid, Jaynee. Exploring the Titanic with the audio player, visitors will hear stories from actual Titanic survivors sharing their first impressions, memories and recollections of tragic events. The Titanic audio tour also includes music, sound effects, commentary and interviews with real-life explorers Ralph White and John Joslyn, who dove to the wreckage of the Titanic 2 ½ miles beneath the ocean. Also heard are descriptions of any of Titanic’s artifacts. The Titanic audio tour is an great way to explore the museum attraction at one’s own pace and gain new insight into the experiences of the Titanic’s passengers and crew members.